Monday, June 15, 2009

The JINX Continues….

Do you believe in JINX… I guess know I do have a strong belief in JINX…
In this case, I am not for talking anything related to evil topic or some wacky curse… I am talking about a series of event, which occur…, and you can okay be an audience… who cannot do anything.

In my case, I am not able to attend wedding of my close friends… I plan, plan, plan and boom I am not able to witness the beautiful nice day in my friend life…

I guess most of us would have some of the other such incidence to mark… share them if you can…

I started to track such events (JINX) some 3+ years back..

The latest one on the hook…
Since my collage day’s we were 5 member team, its like in all this year we all have and still share a great relationship with each other… we are like 5 fingers of the hand all different but go along well… we do have up and down but it all fun… One of the friend is getting married and I wanted to attend this… as My visa got expired in Feb, I was under the impression that 3 months is a long time for visa approval, but I was wrong … my visa is yet in process and I am not able to travel…

One more hooked…
My another friend was getting married.. This one was an arranged marriage, but the marriage was to take place in Assam (Northeast part of India). It was always a dream to travel to Northeast. So this time I am one more colleague decided to travel, all was decided, the groom has already reached and we were to catch him up at his hometown, I ended up informing that I am travelling to US..

Hear goes the third..
Third, My friends elder brother was getting married on Sunday, and I was travelling back to India, after almost a year… but this my some miscalculation from my side and I booked wrong ticket… I reached on the day but hours after the marriage

List is on and on….
Second happen when I travelled for the second time to US, and was due to return after 2 months… and time my close friend was getting married, she is like a best partner I would say. I was planned to return back couple of months before the marriage… but my stay got extended by still I was able to make… but strike two.. Only a week before a planned, my stay got extended and I was not able to travel.

The start…
My office friend was getting married to his love of life; my college friend and I had planned to attend it. Every thing (travel / stay/ what to where and what not) as this wedding was to happen in Lucknow, we did has a much coordinated travel plan we pulled out.
And then just 2 days before we were to travel… my PM(manager for office), informs me that my B1 visa (Business VISA interview to US) has been schedule the day after in Mumbai…

I realy do not wish to continue any more such incidence...
On a loter note; When i shared this to a friend... his reply was "Dude please do set multiple dates for your marriage" hope you can make in the first :-0

No comments: