Saturday, December 5, 2009

Got my US State ID card

Okay finally after being in US for more then two years and eight month I tagged up with a friend and went to DMV to get a state ID card, which is sort of useful as an ID proof when ever u are to enter a place where photo identification is required…

So all this time I used to show my Indian PAN card or my Passport to enter all such place....

One such incident, some months back when we all planned to visit a club where we have been once earlier, back then my PAN card was good enough to give me an entry, but this time some rule had changed and only valid passport can be used as a photo ID card…

And guess what I was not let go in.... All my friends told let go back, by then I had strike a deal with a security staff and agreed to let me in if I get a photocopy of my passport. Then what I took a ferry (as the pub is located in Queens and my office is located in Manhattan both are island) reached Manhattan and grabbed a. photocopy of my passport and made way back in an hr...

Things were not to happen so easy, by then the security guys were replaced by some new guy and it was back to square one, this dude was in no mood to let me enter....

I told him call Bob, he responds back u know him... I said yes.... So finally he let me in...

So much fight to get in a pub :-0 but still all this incidence and hassle still nit motivate me to get a ID proof

This friend of mine was planning to get his license renewed and asked me want to come, so I just happen to go with all the documents required and got it done this time.....
So I am just waiting to enter a pub with my new State ID card next time..... Will let all now when that's going to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm so now i know why u wanted to get that state id so desperately....that u woke up early on a Sat morning to go all the way to the DMV

Anish said...

Hehehe Kya kare... Had to get this done it was a long pending on my part and I was tired of explaining half of the time what an Indian PAN is :-0