Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines day.....

More then s decade back India (Pune) was never gripped with Valentine's day fever....
As time progressed or rather as we started becoming more global, many events and celebrations became part of our routine life....
I remember we started celebrating Friendship day (1st week of Aug) and yes 14 Feb was getting started to marked as a day when people of all ages started expressing love & feelings to their loved one....
Archies & Hallmark started playing a bigger role in this by creating the most eye catching gifts and greeting one can gift to his/her loved once....
This time I am in NY and someone special is in Pune... Not to sat that I miss her and hate not to be in Pune....
Yesterday night it was Pizza time at my place, so I was in Shop-Rite to get something required for pizza at 11pm. In front of me at the counter a person in his late 50 was buying couple of roses...

Our discussion.
Me: hmm the lady should be lucky
Mr A: oh yes... Btw how will I make sure they are fresh till morning
Me: put it in water or keep it in fridge... Or in freezer if it's for next year :-0
Mr A: laugh out loud... U know what I was waiting for her to sleep.. Later I slipped my tell wanted to watch TV... and after sometime I came here....
Me: She indeed is lucky

Over here, I see a person wanting to gift roses to his loved one on valentines day.... And back in India, I see the so called social police (people who consider themselves as the safeguard of Indian culture and heritage) this are those people who do not have any work and are against Valentine’s Day not sure why? And what are they going to achieve from it. Lately to get fame it's better and easy to protest against any popular flow, be it right or wrong, rather then helping people in need, as doing this one is not to get any publicity.

Be it any way... I will celebrate this day every year....
I actually sent bunch of roses and chocolates to my Mom & some personalized gift to someone special....



The Icy heart is put up at Time Square, It made on Ice, and this heart is to completely melt by 22nd Feb, so it another 6 days, and over this time the heart will have different shapes .... It would be interesting to watch it daily, not to see its evolution, rather to say its extinction, but it better that we all keep aside the difference and nurture love in our hearts..

No comments: