Saturday, July 17, 2010

I got my Driving license...

Phew... Finally I have my driving license with me...

This Tuesday I had my road test scheduled at 10:00 in the morning, I had called up the driving school for a last hour class before the test... But thongs did not work out the way it had... He came only by 9:30 and i only had time for one small parking practice.... And then another person took to the driving test area....

She mentioned, I took two students this morning and one of them failed, as he ended up driving the way car is driven in India (left hand drive) that’s all required to fail a drive test....
Finally at 10:15 I was in driver’s seat and that's when KC took the adjacent seat and was all set to evaluate me...At that moment I was a bit nervous... And just to show him I adjusted my seat the rear view mirrors and I was all set to roll...

First it was to drive straight
Then a right turn followed by left turn
Parallel parking
K-Turn
Straight reverse
And couple of more turns
And finally to a complete halt and set the car in Parking...

That’s when KC told me "Dude u have cleared the test"Ahhhh!!!! A big sigh of relief

But wait how things can be so easy for me... And as guessed it was not done...

I went back to the office and that's when they told me that their system is down.... I was laughing....

So once again this meant that I have to come back...
So today (Friday) I planned again as on Saturdays just to get through the line it takes minimum 2hrs pain and I really did not want to ruin my Saturday morning.

And today I got my License

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instead of:
First it was to drive straight
Then a right turn followed by left turn
Parallel parking
K-Turn
Straight reverse
And couple of more turns
And finally to a complete halt and set the car in Parking...

your test should have been:
First it was to drive straight
take a right turn followed by left turn
take a left turn followed by right turn
take a right turn followed by right turn again
take a right turn followed by left turn
take a right turn followed by left turn
And finally to a complete halt and set the car in Parking...

Thats the real test for u :-))

Anish said...

I say good that you were not to judge me and award me the driving license.... in that case i would be the last one ever to get a license :-0

Cheers,
Anish